Higher costs associated with transit and schools could translate into higher tax bills for Arlington property owners next year.
he Arlington Sports Hall of Fame, established in 1958, is accepting nominations for induction in 2017. Candidates may be living or deceased. The deadline to enter a nomination is Dec. 1.
A Northern Virginia advocacy group plans to ramp up efforts on gun issues, and drew 1,000 faith and community leaders to an Oct. 16 gathering on that and other social-justice issues.
“Alexander Robey Shepherd: The Man Who Built the Nation’s Capital,” a new biography by Arlington historian John Richardson, has been published by Ohio University Press.
The National Chamber Ensemble will open its 10th-anniversary season with “A Night in Vienna” on Saturday, Oct. 22 at 7:30 p.m. at Rosslyn Spectrum Theatre.
Synetic Theater’s family series continues with productions of “The Music Box” (Oct. 22) and “The Miraculous Magical Balloon” (Oct. 15 and 29) at 11 a.m. at the theater’s performance space in Crystal City.
- Editor’s Notebook: A compromise that seems about right
- PHOTOS: Arlington fire stations host open houses
- Some Arlington absentee voters trying to get two for the price of one
- Cutting Arlington office-vacancy rate looks like a long-term slog
- Arlington election officials: Plenty of blame in Va. voter-registration snafu
- New board chair tapped at Linden Resources
- Arlington Police Beat, 10/20/16 edition
- Arlington Notes, 10/20/16 edition
- Arlington Notes II, 10/20/16 edition
- Editor’s Notebook: Another elections meltdown
- Arlington officials laud memory of Ann Broder
- Comstock, Bennett argue over experience, vision at N.Va. Chamber debate
- After almost year on job, Metro chief retains confidence of those in Congress
- Sales of single-family homes crater in September, but prices rise
- Fundraising remains light in Arlington board race
- Arlington 55+ News, 10/20/16 edition
- Arlington History, 10/20/16 edition
- Arlington Schools & Military, 10/20/16 edition
- Editor’s Notebook: For whom will Comstock vote?
- Dulles has another good month; Reagan National flat in August