The Arlington County government’s annual Feel the Heritage Festival will be held on Saturday, Feb. 25 from 1 to 6 p.m. at Drew Model School.
Arlington County Board members aim to clean up a section of the County Code as it relates to taxes on “home-stay rentals” like those of Airbnb.
There’s no indication plans for any are in the works, but Arlington government officials would have the ability to partner with neighboring jurisdictions to create joint arts-and-cultural districts, under new state legislation.
The decision by Arlington County Board Chairman Jay Fisette not to seek re-election to a sixth term drew a slew of praise for his nearly two decades of service, and set off behind-the-scenes jockeying to succeed him.
Legislation that will change composition and may change the size of Arlington’s Board of Equalization – which hears appeals of real-estate assessments – is headed to Gov. McAuliffe.
The rye whiskey developed by George Washington at Mount Vernon in the late 1700s will be designated Virginia’s official “state spirit” under legislation patroned by state Sen. Adam Ebbin (D-30th) and passed by both houses of the legislature.
- Arlington Police Beat, 2/23/17 edition
- Editor’s Notebook: Fisette to move on to something new
- Regional single-family home prices saw modest bump upward in 2016
- Va. homes market sees solid start to new year
- Bill that could handcuff Arlington on towing passes state Senate
- Student-screenplay competition to be featured at H-B Woodlawn
- Marymount to open photo exhibition looking at refugees
- Opera Nova gears up for production of Scott Joplin’s ‘Treemonisha’
- Arlington 55+ News, 2/23/17 edition
- Fairfax County History, 2/23/17 edition
- Arlington Schools & Military, 2/23/17 edition
- Arlington school leaders defend size of proposed specialty high school
- Arlington police seeking help of public in homicide investigation
- Arlington County Board race awaits decision by Fisette
- POLL: Is Fisette running for re-election in Arlington?
- Proposal would up Arlington County Board pay by 3.5%
- Committee set up to advise on name of new Arlington elementary
- Editor’s Notebook: Can the Ripper deliver for Democrats?
- Va. Senate OKs measure allowing higher pay for Arlington School Board
- Arlington real estate has solid start to year