The state Senate has approved a measure, previously passed by the House of Delegates, to stymie efforts by the Arlington County Board to handcuff local property owners when it comes to towing illegally parked vehicles.
The Arlington Student Filmfest will host its first-ever screenplay-contest forum on Tuesday, Feb. 28 from 6 to 10 p.m. at H-B Woodlawn Secondary Program.
Marymount University will host an opening reception for the photo exhibition “Youth Seeking Refuge: Unaccompanied,” featuring works by photojournalist Oliver Contreras, on Friday, Feb. 24 from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Barry Gallery on the university’s main campus, 2807 North Glebe Road.
Opera Nova will present an adaptation of Scott Joplin’s “Treemonisha” on Saturday, March 4 at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. at Thomas Jefferson Community Theatre.
Arlington school officials say critics of plans to build a 1,300-seat specialty high school may not fully appreciate how the proposal fits into the system’s overall strategy to address growth.
The Arlington County Police Department is seeking the public’s assistance as it continues investigating a homicide that occurred Feb. 19.
- Arlington County Board race awaits decision by Fisette
- POLL: Is Fisette running for re-election in Arlington?
- Proposal would up Arlington County Board pay by 3.5%
- Committee set up to advise on name of new Arlington elementary
- Editor’s Notebook: Can the Ripper deliver for Democrats?
- Va. Senate OKs measure allowing higher pay for Arlington School Board
- Arlington real estate has solid start to year
- Arlington gathering to focus on legacy of ‘segregation wall’
- Mason to host community forum on future of Arlington campus
- Arlington Outdoor Lab wins legislative kudos
- Life, legacy of Ann Broder lauded by General Assembly
- Arlington Democrats to host soirée with legislative delegation
- Arlington superintendent to unveil budget proposal
- Metro, transit issues to be focus of Arlington Civic Federation banquet
- Arlington government closed for holiday
- Master Gardeners look toward springtime with pruning workshop
- Signature tops field with 25 Helen Hayes nominations
- N.Va. Realtors upbeat as transition from 2016 to 2017 moves forward
- Local volunteers sought to help with statewide ‘Bird Atlas’
- Towing legislation moves a step forward in state Senate