Though born in controversy, Arlington’s Affordable Housing Study Working Group managed to win over most critics during its three-year effort, and on Dec. 4 was among the honorees at the eighth annual Ellen M. Bozman Affordable Housing Awards, presented by the Alliance for Housing Solutions.
Arlington County Board members later this month are expected to approve changes to local voting precincts that will go into effect with the 2017 primary and general elections.
The Arlington Chamber of Commerce has announced recipients of its 2016 awards, to be presented at the business organization’s annual meeting on Dec. 9.
With a relatively small but still contentious high-school-boundary change now in the rear-view mirror, Arlington School Board members are cautioning the community that more extensive changes are on the horizon.
The Arlington Historical Affairs and Landmark Review Board (HALRB) on Nov. 30 sidestepped a showdown with owners of single-family homes and business property in the Westover neighborhood, proposing that only garden apartments in the community be included in a prospective local historic distr…
Community notables convened at Westover Library on Saturday morning for the annual judging of submissions by Arlington students for inclusion on the county tax decal, and this year, the 30 or so in attendance were faced with a record-smashing number of entrees.
- Arlingtonian tapped to study governance in Philippines, Myanmar
- Marymount to open exhibition of artwork by seniors
- ‘Gifts That Give Hope’ expo has new home
- Arlington policy proposal would allow for doubling of county meals tax
- Metro unions to host town-hall meetings in January
- Arlington county manager seeks consideration of land-swap proposal
- Arlington library system seeks input on Web redesign
- Yipes: Campaign season 2017 set to blast off in Arlington
- Arlington jobs picture again best in commonwealth
- Swearing-in ceremony set for Arlington board member
- ‘Giving Circle of Hope’ announces grant recipients
- Arlington church to host ‘Messiah’ sing-along
- Editor’s Notebook: Don’t anyone tell Fairfax County officials about this, OK?
- Local legislators anticipate a rough 2017 session in Richmond
- N.Va. Transportation Commission chair mulls changing name of panel
- Per-student spending again at center stage in Arlington
- Regional unemployment rate shows year-over-year decline
- Fairfax: Don’t think about parking illegally, ‘even for a minute’
- Arlington Police Beat, 12/1/16 edition
- Arlington Business Briefcase, 12/1/16 edition