Ghanian athlete and activist Emmanuel Ofosu Yeboah recently visited with Arlington students to share his message that physical disabilities should not stop individuals from achieving their destiny.
Sea Scout Ship 1942, affiliated with St. George’s Episcopal Church in Arlington, held a successful flea market on Oct. 15 to raise funds for boat docking, storage and repair fees.
Eight Arlington students participated over the summer in total-immersion programs living with families in Latin America through the Amigos de las Americas initiative.
Arlington School Board members on Oct. 20 approved schematic designs for the new elementary school that will be dropped onto what is now a parking lot on the Thomas Jefferson Middle School campus.
With students in the Montessori program at Drew Model School set to be moved to Patrick Henry Elementary School three school years from now, Arlington school officials are starting the process of reimagining what will be offered at Drew in the future.
Kira Jordan of Washington-Lee High School was one of 183 teachers nationally who participated in the 23rd annual Arthur and Rochelle Belfer National Conference for Educators, hosted by the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in July.
The Washington Post and Winchester Star were out with endorsements of U.S. Rep. Barbara Comstock (R-10th) over the weekend. Perhaps predictably, those on the Democratic side of the playing field howled like jilted lovers (if jilted lovers do, indeed, howl) with indignation at the Post nod.
Va. Homes Market Posts Strong 3rd Quarter: Year-over-year home sales were up in nearly every nook and cranny of the commonwealth during the third quarter of 2016, according to new figures, while modest price growth could be found in all areas outside Northern Virginia, which was flat.
- Cybersecurity forum slated for N.Va. students, parents
- School, transit pressures may end up costing Arlington taxpayers
- N.Va. Chamber adds new members
- Arlington Sports Hall of Fame seeking nominees
- Social advocates target guns as next key issue
- Biography of ‘Boss’ Shepherd makes debut
- National Chamber Ensemble to open season in Rosslyn
- Synetic Theater to host family productions
- N.Va. Transportation Authority seeks public input on priorities
- N.Va. Transportation Notes, 10/20/16 edition
- Editor’s Notebook: A compromise that seems about right
- PHOTOS: Arlington fire stations host open houses
- Some Arlington absentee voters trying to get two for the price of one
- Cutting Arlington office-vacancy rate looks like a long-term slog
- Arlington election officials: Plenty of blame in Va. voter-registration snafu
- New board chair tapped at Linden Resources
- Arlington Police Beat, 10/20/16 edition
- Arlington Notes, 10/20/16 edition
- Arlington Notes II, 10/20/16 edition
- Editor’s Notebook: Another elections meltdown