Arlington County Board members on Oct. 25 voted to move forward on 23 planned transit stations along the Columbia Pike corridor, aiming to provide enhanced services at a lower cost.
The Arlington County Detention Facility has been recommended for reaccreditation by the American Correctional Association, following an audit of the facility, which is operated by the Arlington County Sheriff’s Office.
Barring a major surprise, Arlington residents will be getting to know a new elected official after Nov. 8. And she aims to be a voice for parents who haven’t previously had much interaction with the school system.
Former Arlington Chamber of Commerce president Rich Doud was part of a winning foursome at a miniature-golf tournament raising scholarship funds in his name.
Northern Virginia is booming with transportation projects, from highway widenings and Metro extension to bus and train service, and more will occur in the near future – but only if backers can show their projects are needed and under sound fiscal management.
Voter turnout in Arlington should set a record on Nov. 8, surpassing the previous all-time high by 8 percent, according to the prediction of a prodigious prognosticator.
- Survey: Fla., Vegas have hottest homes markets; N.Va. is 39th
- Arlington Police Beat, 10/27/16 edition
- Arlington Notes, 10/27/16 edition
- Arlington Notes II, 10/27/16 edition
- Editor’s Notebook: A cautionary tale on throwing around taxpayer money
- Arlington delegation to Richmond aims to build political bridges
- Beyer sees little political will – yet – to address rising debt level
- InsideNova, Sun Gazette endorse Comstock in 10th District
- PHOTOS: Wakefield, Marshall battle it out on gridiron
- Arlington officials hope civility survives school-boundary battles
- The humble postcard takes the stage in Arlington political playbook
- Arlington 55+ News, 10/27/16 edition
- Arlington History, 10/27/16 edition
- Arlington Schools & Military, 10/27/16 edition
- Editor’s Notebook: Always admirable to fess up when wrong
- Former credit union CEO wins lifetime-achievement honors
- Arlington School Board OKs ‘director of talent’ hiring
- Arlington Chamber adds new members
- Challenger rips Arlington County Board pay-raise proposal
- Arlington school officials to hold forum on boundary changes