The General Assembly has saluted the 50th anniversary of the Arlington Outdoor Lab, the 225-acre slice of Virginia countryside that has played host to hundreds of thousands of Arlington students over the years.
The General Assembly has lauded the life of Ann Broder, a former Arlington School Board member and chairman who spent six decades in local civic life.
The Arlington County Democratic Committee’s Roosevelt Society will hold a legislative reception on Wednesday, March 1 from 6 to 7 p.m. at Walter Reed Community Center.
Arlington Superintendent Patrick Murphy on Feb. 23 will unveil his proposed fiscal 2018 budget, kicking off a 10-week process that is expected to culminate in School Board adoption of a spending plan on May 4.
The Arlington County Civic Federation will hold its annual awards banquet and celebrate the organization’s 101st anniversary on Friday, April 7 at the Holiday Inn Rosslyn.
Master Gardeners of Northern Virginia continues its pre-spring gardening series with “Wintertime Pruning and Why It Is the Best Time to Prune (Some) Plants” on Saturday, Feb. 25, with sessions taking place from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m. in front of 965 North Longfellow St.
Arlington’s Signature Theatre picked up 25 nominations – tops of any troupe – in the 2017 Helen Hayes Awards competition, the D.C. region’s counterpart to Broadway’s Tony Awards.
Positive home sales across Northern Virginia at the start of the year have leaders in the local real-estate industry optimistic about where the market is headed in 2017.
- Local volunteers sought to help with statewide ‘Bird Atlas’
- Towing legislation moves a step forward in state Senate
- PHOTOS: A solid season for Yorktown gymnasts
- Is booming Tysons defying normal laws of economics?
- Arlington Community Foundation seeking scholarship-reviewers
- NVCC, dental community work to bring smiles to at-risk youth
- Black History Month event to focus on education in Arlington
- Editor’s Notebook: Polls? At this stage of the game? C’mon ....
- Poll: N.Va. residents pleased with progress on transportation initiatives
- New DMV tool gives more access to wait-time information
- Data: Dulles tops in region for 2016 on-time performance
- State Senate again kills pre-Labor Day start for school districts
- Beyer tapped for leadership slot on House committee
- Arlington Police Beat, 2/16/17 edition
- Arlington Notes, 2/16/17 edition
- Arlington Notes II, 2/16/17 edition
- Editor’s Notebook: Local airports see improvement in on-time performance
- Va. attorney general fighting heroin epidemic, Trump travel ban
- Expert: Challenge people’s brains to reach their potential
- NVCC forum to focus on empowering women in politics