Northern Virginia is booming with transportation projects, from highway widenings and Metro extension to bus and train service, and more will occur in the near future – but only if backers can show their projects are needed and under sound fiscal management.
Voter turnout in Arlington should set a record on Nov. 8, surpassing the previous all-time high by 8 percent, according to the prediction of a prodigious prognosticator.
Among the 50 largest U.S. real-estate markets, the top five (in order) were Fort Lauderdale, Palm Beach County, Tampa, Orlando and Las Vegas, each demonstrating a vigorous combination of consistently strong demand, home price appreciation, and economic and demographic growth.
Back in the day when dinosaurs roamed the earth and I was starting out in the news biz, the Arlington government wouldn’t have even considered sullying its hands with the idea of handing economic-development cash to firms willing to stay in, or relocate to, the county.
On the off chance you haven’t noticed, election season is a time for partisanship and rhetoric across the political spectrum. But some of the harsh words will be dispensed with when members of the Arlington delegation to the General Assembly troupe down to Richmond for the 2017 session start…
- InsideNova, Sun Gazette endorse Comstock in 10th District
- PHOTOS: Wakefield, Marshall battle it out on gridiron
- Arlington officials hope civility survives school-boundary battles
- The humble postcard takes the stage in Arlington political playbook
- Arlington 55+ News, 10/27/16 edition
- Arlington History, 10/27/16 edition
- Arlington Schools & Military, 10/27/16 edition
- Editor’s Notebook: Always admirable to fess up when wrong
- Former credit union CEO wins lifetime-achievement honors
- Arlington School Board OKs ‘director of talent’ hiring
- Arlington Chamber adds new members
- Challenger rips Arlington County Board pay-raise proposal
- Arlington school officials to hold forum on boundary changes
- Robotics coursework could come to Arlington middle schools
- Russian soprano featured at Opera Nova concert
- Editor’s Notebook: Could have been a big campaign issue
- Amputee athlete-activist brings inspiration to Arlington students
- Arlington Sea Scouts host fund-raiser to support 2017 efforts
- Arlington students spend summer on international community-service effort
- Schematic design for new Arlington elementary wins OK