Arlington court officials one day could use prepaid debit cards, rather than cash, to reimburse jurors for their service.
When the Wakefield Warriors nipped the Marshall Statesmen, 42-40, in the recent Capitol Conference Tournament boys high school basketball championship game, senior guard Alan Treakle drove through three players, including Jack Foley, No. 50, to score the winning basket as time expired. The f…
The real estate tax bill of an Arlington homeowner would rise about 5 percent to an average of $6,240 under the proposed $1.24 billion fiscal 2018 budget proposed by County Manager Mark Schwartz on Feb. 23.
County Board Chairman Jay Fisette’s decision not to seek a new term may have opened an opportunity for the Arlington County Republican Committee. Whether the GOP can capitalize on it remains to be seen.
After looking at more than a dozen alternatives, Arlington government officials have decided to stay put – signing a lease extension that will keep them at Courthouse Plaza through at least 2033 and perhaps as far out as 2062.
- Arlington Notes II, 2/23/17 edition
- Editor’s Notebook: Longing for the good ol’ days of authoritarianism
- Arlington ‘Feel the Heritage’ festival set for Saturday
- Arlington could create interjurisdictional arts districts under new legislation
- Arlington AAUW program to focus on youth
- UPDATED: Reaction to news Fisette will not seek new term in Arlington
- Hope measure on Arlington Board of Equalization wins passage
- Ebbin measure on George Washington’s whiskey heads to governor
- Lopez small-business bill wins passage
- N.Va. Transportation Notes, 2/23/17
- Arlington Police Beat, 2/23/17 edition
- Editor’s Notebook: Fisette to move on to something new
- Regional single-family home prices saw modest bump upward in 2016
- Va. homes market sees solid start to new year
- Bill that could handcuff Arlington on towing passes state Senate
- Student-screenplay competition to be featured at H-B Woodlawn
- Marymount to open photo exhibition looking at refugees
- Opera Nova gears up for production of Scott Joplin’s ‘Treemonisha’
- Arlington 55+ News, 2/23/17 edition
- Fairfax County History, 2/23/17 edition