Arlington fire stations hosted open houses on Oct. 15, drawing families and local residents to speak with firefighters and learn about the equipment. Deb Kolt has the following photos from Fire Station #8.
Arlington election officials are finding that some otherwise upstanding, forward-thinking county voters are a little math-challenged when they come in to cast in-person absentee ballots.
In a briefing described by one County Board member as sobering, Arlington officials said they believe the best-case economic-development scenario for the county is to “slowly and steadily” reduce record office-vacancy rates.
Acknowledging they see both sides of the issue and sympathize with those impacted, Arlington election officials say state officials are making the right call in refusing to extend the voter-registration deadline after a computer glitch left some residents unable to complete the application p…
Ralph Peluso has been elected chairman of the board of directors of the Arlington-based non-profit Linden Resources, where he has been on the board for the past three years.
Anybody who’s watched the state elections office over the years can’t be too surprised that the agency’s Web site crashed on Monday as thousands of people were trying to beat the deadline for online voter registration.
- Arlington officials laud memory of Ann Broder
- Comstock, Bennett argue over experience, vision at N.Va. Chamber debate
- After almost year on job, Metro chief retains confidence of those in Congress
- Sales of single-family homes crater in September, but prices rise
- Fundraising remains light in Arlington board race
- Arlington 55+ News, 10/20/16 edition
- Arlington History, 10/20/16 edition
- Arlington Schools & Military, 10/20/16 edition
- Editor’s Notebook: For whom will Comstock vote?
- Dulles has another good month; Reagan National flat in August
- Clement likes none of presidential choices; Garvey goes for Clinton
- Arlington back on top in Va. LGBT ranking
- Annual Arlington decal competition seeks submissions
- Arlington County Board makes appointments to advisory panels
- Community forum set on Williamsburg field lights
- Arlington forum to focus on women in elected office
- Editor’s Notebook: I admit it – I fell for the clickbait
- New Encore production offers thrills, chills . . . and comedic relief
- Hearings set on extension of I-395 Express Lanes
- Election season brings renewed charges of sign-swiping