Dittmar Co. and the residents of its 23 local apartment communities have donated 5,775 pounds of food to the Arlington Food Assistance Center in the firm’s second annual food drive.
Encore Learning’s “Meet the Speaker” series continues on Monday, Jan. 23 with a discussion on “The Crash Detectives: Investigating the World’s Mysterious Air Disasters.”
The Faith, Food and Fellowship series at Clarendon United Methodist Church continues on Thursday, Jan. 26 with a discussion of robots that assist the elderly, those with disabilities and injured service member.
We in Sun Gazette-land are blessed with a solid circulation manager in Kevin Sullivan, who works to make sure the papers get to where they need to be each. It’s a job with a million moving pieces.
It may have taken them a little longer to find a buyer, but home sales across Arlington in December equaled the pace from a year before while average and median prices eked out small gains, according to new figures.
Virginia Hospital Center’s “Healthy Aging” lecture series kicks off its winter-spring session with “Staying Active in Cold Weather” on Friday, Jan. 27 at 11 a.m. at the hospital’s Carlin Springs campus, 601 North Carlin Springs Road.
The Arlington library system will debut the Business Book Club, designed for adults interested in reading about business strategy, leadership and management, on Saturday, Jan. 28 from 11 a.m. to noon in the first-floor meeting room at Central Library.
Opera Nova will present its winter concert aimed at seniors on Thursday, Jan. 26 at 1 p.m. at Our Savior Lutheran Church, 825 South Taylor St. in Arlington.
The Arlington County Board’s efforts to broaden representation on towing-advisory boards across the commonwealth are now in the hands of the General Assembly.
- N.Va. Chamber lays out legislative priorities for 2017
- Senior Democrats to hear from Arlington board chair
- Cap could be lifted on Arlington School Board salaries
- Arlington civic leader Caruthers to be honored by legislature
- Arlington DMV office back in business after renovation
- Alaska Airlines to add seasonal service at BWI
- Editor's Notebook: Wonder if the legislators will hold a grudge?
- Arlington School Board: Wait and see on proposed taxing authority
- December home sales down, prices up in D.C. inner core
- Inauguration crowds likely to impact airports next week
- Encore opens season with solid outing
- ‘Grasses for the Masses’ environmental initiative returns
- Application deadline approaches for Arlington Neighborhood College
- Arlington Police Beat, 1/12/17 edition
- Arlington Notes, 1/12/17 edition
- Arlington Notes II, 1/12/17 edition
- Editor’s Notebook: The home sales for 2016 are in
- PHOTOS: Rivals Washington-Lee, Madison square off on court
- N.Va. real estate market sees best sales year in a decade
- Arlington Arts Center to shine spotlight on curators