Year-over-year home sales across Arlington were up but average prices (except in the single-family market) were down in January, according to new data, while inventory remains below early 2016 totals as the market begins to transition to springtime.
It was one of the less noble moments in Arlington’s, and Virginia’s, long history of segregation: construction of a makeshift wall in the 1930s to fence off the African-American community of High View Park from adjacent white neighborhoods.
George Mason University on March 8 will host a community forum and work session to brainstorm ideas for the future use of its Arlington campus.
The General Assembly has saluted the 50th anniversary of the Arlington Outdoor Lab, the 225-acre slice of Virginia countryside that has played host to hundreds of thousands of Arlington students over the years.
The General Assembly has lauded the life of Ann Broder, a former Arlington School Board member and chairman who spent six decades in local civic life.
The Arlington County Democratic Committee’s Roosevelt Society will hold a legislative reception on Wednesday, March 1 from 6 to 7 p.m. at Walter Reed Community Center.
Arlington Superintendent Patrick Murphy on Feb. 23 will unveil his proposed fiscal 2018 budget, kicking off a 10-week process that is expected to culminate in School Board adoption of a spending plan on May 4.
The Arlington County Civic Federation will hold its annual awards banquet and celebrate the organization’s 101st anniversary on Friday, April 7 at the Holiday Inn Rosslyn.
- Master Gardeners look toward springtime with pruning workshop
- Signature tops field with 25 Helen Hayes nominations
- N.Va. Realtors upbeat as transition from 2016 to 2017 moves forward
- Local volunteers sought to help with statewide ‘Bird Atlas’
- Towing legislation moves a step forward in state Senate
- PHOTOS: A solid season for Yorktown gymnasts
- Is booming Tysons defying normal laws of economics?
- Arlington Community Foundation seeking scholarship-reviewers
- NVCC, dental community work to bring smiles to at-risk youth
- Black History Month event to focus on education in Arlington
- Editor’s Notebook: Polls? At this stage of the game? C’mon ....
- Poll: N.Va. residents pleased with progress on transportation initiatives
- New DMV tool gives more access to wait-time information
- Data: Dulles tops in region for 2016 on-time performance
- State Senate again kills pre-Labor Day start for school districts
- Beyer tapped for leadership slot on House committee
- Arlington Police Beat, 2/16/17 edition
- Arlington Notes, 2/16/17 edition
- Arlington Notes II, 2/16/17 edition
- Editor’s Notebook: Local airports see improvement in on-time performance