Paul Holland, president of the Waverly Hills Civic Association and vice chairman of the Arlington County government’s Fiscal Affairs Advisory Commission, has been selected by the American Council of Young Political Leaders as a delegate to the Philippines and Myanmar for a two-week exchange …
Marymount University will host an opening reception for its annual Senior Art Exhibition on Friday, Dec. 9 from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Barry Gallery, located in the Reinsch Library on the university’s main campus.
Arlington County Board members appear to be on board with a proposal that, if enacted in Richmond, would give them the power to double the county’s existing meals tax . . . without asking permission of voters.
Labor unions representing workers of the Metro system have announced plans for a trio of town-hall meetings to press their case as the 2017 budget season gets under way.
Arlington County Board members later this month will be asked to authorize the county manager to enter into negotiations that could see the local government trade property it may soon own on North Quincy Street in exchange for property on South Shirlington Road.
Arlington regained the solo position as having the best jobs picture in the commonwealth in October, even as the unemployment rate ticked up slightly.
- Swearing-in ceremony set for Arlington board member
- ‘Giving Circle of Hope’ announces grant recipients
- Arlington church to host ‘Messiah’ sing-along
- Editor’s Notebook: Don’t anyone tell Fairfax County officials about this, OK?
- Local legislators anticipate a rough 2017 session in Richmond
- N.Va. Transportation Commission chair mulls changing name of panel
- Per-student spending again at center stage in Arlington
- Regional unemployment rate shows year-over-year decline
- Fairfax: Don’t think about parking illegally, ‘even for a minute’
- Arlington Police Beat, 12/1/16 edition
- Arlington Business Briefcase, 12/1/16 edition
- Arlington Notes, 12/1/16 edition
- Arlington Notes II, 12/1/16 edition
- Editor’s Notebook: Let’s not be saying things we might regret later
- Arlington to legislature: Support Metro safety commission (please!)
- Volunteers help brighten Thanksgiving for day laborers in Arlington
- Urban League working to connect youth with science and tech
- Potential change to electoral-college allocation worries Arlington officials
- Marymount readies Christmas-tree lighting
- Arlington 55+ News, 12/1/16 edition