The McLean Highlanders knocked off the host Fairfax Rebels, 42-26, in recent Liberty Conference girls high school basketball action. Photographer Deb Kolt was at the Fairfax game and took these photos. Take a look.
Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 227 will host veteran and author J. Robert DiFulgo discussing his novel – “Titanic’s Resurrected Secret: H.E.W” – at the organization’s monthly meeting on Thursday, Jan. 19 at 7:30 p.m. at Neighbor’s restaurant, located at the Cedar Lane Shopping Center in…
A group of nursing students from South Korea recently visited the career and volunteer staff at Fire Station #2 in Vienna to learn more about pre-hospital emergency medical care in Fairfax County.
A late-in-the-game quiz for you: Anybody want to guess when Fairfax County Public Schools first introduced kindergarten classes across the school system?
Sales were up and prices were stable across the Fairfax County real estate market, with total sales volume increasing 6.2 percent to nearly $8.6 billion for the year.
Local General Assembly members have submitted resolutions in the 2017 session to highlight the successes of community organizations and honor the lives of prominent residents, either living or deceased.
The McLean Citizens Association will hold its mid-winter membership meeting on Thursday, Jan. 26 at 7:30 p.m. at the McLean Community Center.
- Vienna police arrest man on burglary charge
- Fairfax Public-Safety Notes, 1/19/17 edition
- McLean/Great Falls Notes, 1/19/17 edition
- Vienna/Oakton Notes, 1/19/17 edition
- Editor’s Notebook: You knew this was coming
- Dulles, National see increased passenger counts
- Air India announces plans to serve Dulles-Delhi route
- Legislative environment caucus lays out agenda for 2017
- Green Hedges School aims to add adjacent parcel in Vienna
- Regional transportation consortium wants focus on major projects
- Student voter-ID measure quashed in subcommittee
- Fairfax Transportation Notes, 1/19/17 edition
- Fairfax County History, 1/19/17 edition
- Editor’s Notebook: Rep. Beyer up on the high wire (hey, that rhymes!)
- Limited set of fee changes sought for Fairfax parks
- Fairfax school-budget focuses on salary increases, student growth
- Vienna looks to state for lower-cost retirement plan
- Taxing authority for School Boards? Consider it a work in progress ...
- Vienna woman dies in single-vehicle crash
- Woman charged with striking tow-firm employee in Merrifield