The Madison Warhawks won the boys Liberty Conference basketball tournament championship Feb. 17 with a 66-61 victory over the top-seed Hayfield Hawks in the title game at South Lakes High School. Jared Wood and Dave Facinoli took these photos of the action and celebration. Take a look.
It’s hard to roll up legislative victories when you’re in the minority party, but several local General Assembly members managed to pass bills in both houses and have them sent to the governor’s desk.
The swimming finals of the Virginia High School League's 6A swim and dive championships were held the night of Feb. 17 at George Mason University. CLICK HERE for full coverage.
Fairfax County police officers on Feb. 16 at 3:12 a.m. observed a man moving inside of a parked car in the 6200 block of Park Road in McLean. When officers approached the man, he fled from the car, but police took him into custody shortly thereafter.
Security officials at Navy Federal Credit Union, 820 Follin Lane, S.E., asked Vienna police on Feb. 10 at 2:42 p.m. for assistance in banning a man from the business.
Images shared by first responders early Thursday showed the remains of a tractor trailer fire in the Merrifield area that closed Lee Highway in both directions during the busy early-morning commute.
The fatal house fire Tuesday afternoon in Lorton appears to have been caused by accident when a boy was playing with a lighter, according to the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department.
- Fairfax supervisors OK new mixed-use project in Tysons
- Regional single-family home prices saw modest bump upward in 2016
- Va. homes market sees solid start to new year
- Chambers in Vienna, Tysons hold installation ceremonies
- Del. Simon: Va. budget had too many shortcomings to support
- Fairfax County Notes, 2/23/17 edition
- Fairfax County History, 2/23/17 edition
- Fairfax Schools & Military, 2/23/17 edition
- Officer in Falls Church crash speeding without emergency lights: Crash investigators
- Vienna Council insists on community engagement for strategic plan
- Smoke alarms alert McLean family to house fire
- McLean High School gymnasts cap season with VHSL crown
- Hunter Mill community summit on horizon
- Mobile meat vendors cited for lack of permits in Vienna
- Vienna traffic stop results in DWI, drug charges
- Vienna sub shop robbed not once but twice in recent days
- Editor’s Notebook: Can the Ripper deliver for Democrats?
- Injured bald eagle rescued in Mount Vernon area
- McLean High School wrestler brings home state title
- Developer sketches McLean ‘Main Street’ proposal at packed meeting