The nomination period will open Jan. 23 for local residents wishing to serve on the McLean Community Center Governing Board.
Vienna police dispatched officers to the 600 block of Valley Drive, S.E., on Dec. 29 at 2:06 p.m. after receiving a report about a man illegally hunting deer.
A resident living in the 10300 block of Hickory Forest Drive in Oakton told Fairfax County police Dec. 29 at 11 a.m. that someone had entered the residence and taken property.
We in Sun Gazette-land are blessed with a solid circulation manager in Kevin Sullivan, who works to make sure the papers get to where they need to be each. It’s a job with a million moving pieces.
Home sales across Fairfax County in December closed out the year lower than the same point in 2015, while the average sales price of single-family homes rose, according to new figures.
- American Shakespeare Center returns to Alden Theatre
- Great Falls Senior Center to feature Julia Child re-creator
- Opera Nova to host winter concert for seniors
- N.Va. Chamber lays out legislative priorities for 2017
- Nominations open for Fairfax volunteer award
- Training program set for those wishing to advocate for long-term-care residents
- ‘Grasses for the Masses’ environmental initiative returns
- McLean bicyclist sets world record in cross-country jaunt
- Local delegates push bills on voting, guns, campaign-finance reform
- FCPS waiver on start of school to run for three years
- Vienna Town Council OKs ‘Sustainability Challenge’
- Alaska Airlines to add seasonal service at BWI
- December home sales down, prices up in D.C. inner core
- Fairfax Water inks long-term deal to use quarry space
- Inauguration crowds likely to impact airports next week
- Vienna Town Council members to seek re-election
- Encore opens season with solid outing
- Fairfax hosting forums as superintendent search ramps up
- Fairfax Public-Safety Notes, 1/12/17 edition
- McLean/Great Falls Notes, 1/12/17 edition