The Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce recently added the following new members:
The Virginia Association of Community Services Boards recently presented Gary Ambrose, chairman of the Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board’s board of directors, with the prestigious 2016 Gartlan Award.
A Northern Virginia advocacy group plans to ramp up efforts on gun issues, and drew 1,000 faith and community leaders to an Oct. 16 gathering on that and other social-justice issues.
EFederal judge Claude Hilton yesterday seemed reasonable when he split the difference and ordered Virginia election officials to open voter registration for a day and a half, to compensate for the time lost to prospective voters by the computer glitches earlier in the week.
- County planners ponder plaza, traffic circle at Routes 7, 123
- Advocacy group offers to help Fairfax up its LGBT-rights rating
- Vienna Halloween Parade to take step back into 1940s
- Vienna officials look to revamp rules on zoning protests
- Vienna Community Band preps for concert
- Fairfax County Notes, 10/20/16 edition
- McLean/Great Falls Notes, 10/20/16 edition
- Vienna/Oakton Notes, 10/20/16 edition
- Editor’s Notebook: Another elections meltdown
- Fort Belvoir's Pence Gate re-opening early
- Comstock, Bennett argue over experience, vision at N.Va. Chamber debate
- After almost year on job, Metro chief retains confidence of those in Congress
- Prices dip, but home sales strong, across Fairfax in September
- McLean to host screening of gun-violence documentary
- McLean Symphony preps for new season
- Fairfax Business Briefcase, 10/20/16 edition
- Fairfax County History, 10/20/16 edition
- Fairfax Schools & Military, 10/20/16 edition
- Editor’s Notebook: For whom will Comstock vote?
- Dulles has another good month; Reagan National flat in August