The Tysons Regional Chamber of Commerce and the Vienna Business Association (VBA) recently swore in their new boards of directors for 2017.
The House of Delegates passed a budget bill Feb. 9 by a 98-2 vote, with only Dels. Marcus Simon (D-53rd) of McLean and Charniele Herring (D-46th) of Alexandria voting against House Bill 1500.
Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department units responded Feb. 18 to a house fire in the 800 block of Turkey Run Road. The fire is under investigation and more information will be provided as soon as it is available.
The McLean Highlanders capped their perfect postseason by earning a triple crown of high school sport with a victory in the girls 6A state gymnastics meet, winning with a 146.575 total score Feb. 17 at Patriot High School.
- Hunter Mill community summit on horizon
- Mobile meat vendors cited for lack of permits in Vienna
- Vienna traffic stop results in DWI, drug charges
- Vienna sub shop robbed not once but twice in recent days
- Editor’s Notebook: Can the Ripper deliver for Democrats?
- Young boy killed in Lorton house fire, 4 others injured
- Injured bald eagle rescued in Mount Vernon area
- McLean High School wrestler brings home state title
- Developer sketches McLean ‘Main Street’ proposal at packed meeting
- Deadline approaches for prospective Vienna Town Council candidates
- Cedar Lane student arrested for allegedly assaulting staff member
- BASIS students bring home top honor in Mathcounts competition
- Langley School goes interdisciplinary with STEAM Fair
- McLean Scouts bring home accolades at Klondike Derby
- N.Va. Realtors upbeat as transition from 2016 to 2017 moves forward
- Local volunteers sought to help with statewide ‘Bird Atlas’
- Is booming Tysons defying normal laws of economics?
- Fairfax home sales off to strong start for year
- Fairfax fire officials launch adopt-a-hydrant initiative
- NVCC, dental community work to bring smiles to at-risk youth