The intersection where Tysons began needs an upgrade and Fairfax County Department of Transportation (FCDOT) officials have produced creative concepts that would turn the juncture of Routes 7 and 123 into a community locus.
A national human-rights-advocacy group says it stands ready to work with Fairfax County elected leaders to improve the community’s anemic score on a recent ranking.
The 70th annual Vienna Halloween Parade looks to its origins – “Jivin’ Back to the 1940s” is the theme – when it steps off on Wednesday, Oct. 26 from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. on Maple Avenue.
Smarting from a failure in June to approve a major rezoning case, the Vienna Town Council now hopes to modify the town’s code to make it harder for surrounding property owners to force “supermajority” votes in such cases.
The Vienna Community Band will present a free concert for all ages on Sunday, Oct. 23 at 7 p.m. at Our Lady of Good Counsel Catholic Church, 8601 Wolftrap Road.
Anybody who’s watched the state elections office over the years can’t be too surprised that the agency’s Web site crashed on Monday as thousands of people were trying to beat the deadline for online voter registration.
- Fort Belvoir's Pence Gate re-opening early
- Comstock, Bennett argue over experience, vision at N.Va. Chamber debate
- After almost year on job, Metro chief retains confidence of those in Congress
- Prices dip, but home sales strong, across Fairfax in September
- McLean to host screening of gun-violence documentary
- McLean Symphony preps for new season
- Fairfax Business Briefcase, 10/20/16 edition
- Fairfax County History, 10/20/16 edition
- Fairfax Schools & Military, 10/20/16 edition
- Editor’s Notebook: For whom will Comstock vote?
- Dulles has another good month; Reagan National flat in August
- Vienna Council to monitor possible changes to Va. proffer laws
- PHOTOS: Flint Hill outlasts Potomac School in football action
- Vienna police to participate in drug take-back effort
- Fairfax public-safety agencies recognize Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Vienna man arrested on drug charges after domestic issue
- Pedestrian stuck, injured in Vienna
- New Encore production offers thrills, chills . . . and comedic relief
- Former Rep. Wolf to speak on religious liberty
- McLean Chamber to host meals-tax forum