March 7 at 5 p.m. is the deadline for candidates for the Vienna Town Council to qualify for the May 2 ballot.
Vienna police dispatched officers to Cedar Lane School, 101 Cedar Lane, S.W., on Feb. 2 at 12:24 p.m. to help school security with a student who was acting disorderly and had assaulted one of the school’s staff members.
For the first time in more than 30 years, the 34th annual Northern Virginia Regional Mathcounts Competition awarded first place to a new math champion: BASIS Independent McLean.
Hundreds of students and parents attended The Langley School’s second annual STEAM Fair on Feb. 4, celebrating the school’s interdisciplinary, inquiry-based approach to learning and discovery through science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics.
The Griffin Bigfoot Patrol of Boy Scout Troop 1130 in McLean placed sixth and earned an “honorable mention” in the 13th annual Chain Bridge District Klondike Derby, which took place Feb. 4.
Positive home sales across Northern Virginia at the start of the year have leaders in the local real-estate industry optimistic about where the market is headed in 2017.
The Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries and Virginia Tech are seeking volunteers to support development of the second “Virginia Breeding Bird Atlas,” a five-year effort to determine where breeding birds can be found in the Old Dominion.
Tysons’ rapid redevelopment would not be happening if traditional economic concepts applied, Gerald Gordon, president and CEO of the Fairfax County Economic Development Authority, told Tysons Regional Chamber of Commerce members Feb. 15.
Year-over-year home sales across Fairfax County were up, and the average sales prices in all three segments of the market also showed improvement, as the local real-estate market got a jump-start on 2017.
- Fairfax fire officials launch adopt-a-hydrant initiative
- NVCC, dental community work to bring smiles to at-risk youth
- McLean/Great Falls Notes, 2/16/17 edition
- Vienna/Oakton Notes, 2/16/17 edition
- Editor’s Notebook: Polls? At this stage of the game? C’mon ....
- Poll: N.Va. residents pleased with progress on transportation initiatives
- New DMV tool gives more access to wait-time information
- Data: Dulles tops in region for 2016 on-time performance
- Home assessments rise slightly in Fairfax County
- Beyer tapped for leadership slot on House committee
- Fairfax County Notes, 2/16/17 edition
- Fairfax Public-Safety Notes, 2/16/17 edition
- Editor’s Notebook: Local airports see improvement in on-time performance
- Va. attorney general fighting heroin epidemic, Trump travel ban
- Expert: Challenge people’s brains to reach their potential
- NVCC forum to focus on empowering women in politics
- McLean organizations to hold joint board meeting
- D.C., inner core see solid start to year in real estate
- Turner Farm program to explain telescopes to novices
- Riverbend Park to host astronomy festival