Two firefighters, officer injured fighting Oakton house fire

Photo provided by FCFRD

Two firefighters and a police officer were treated for minor injuries following an Oakton fire early Tuesday morning, according to Fairfax County fire and rescue officials.

Units responded to the fire around 9:14 a.m. at a home in the 3300 block of Jermantown Road and found smoke coming from the front of the two-story home. The fire was located in the basement and quickly brought under control, according to a news release.

One adult and two children in the home at the time were alerted to the fire by a smoke alarm.

The fire was accidental and caused by an electrical issue in an outlet in a basement closet.

Six residents were displaced by the fire and are being assisted by the American Red Cross. Damage as a result of the fire was approximately $18,750.

The injured first responders were taken to an area hospital for a checkup.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.