Photo Credit: Martin Valigursky / Alamy Stock Photo
- Average net price ($0-$30,000): $0
- Average net price ($30,001-$48,000): $2,548
- Published total price of attendance: $66,184
- Percentage of students paying full price: 33%
- Undergraduate enrollment: 7,064
- Location: Stanford, CA
Stanford University is the only West Coast university on this list. Located in the Bay Area, about 30 miles from San Francisco, Stanford combines a college town setting with easy access to a big city. Undergraduates can pursue more than 65 different majors, and the school actively encourages participation in research programs and study abroad. Only one-third of Stanford students pay the full tuition price, and the average student in the $0-$30,000 income bracket will pay nothing out of pocket.