The Arlington Sun Gazette's editorial-page view on the local scene.
Editor: This past election season left many Americans feeling divided as a country. But Alzheimer’s disease is not a red or blue issue. As a young professional and Alzheimer’s advocate, I have seen loved ones affected by this disease.
Editor: In employment regulations, there are two kinds of employees: “exempt” and “non-exempt.” (To oversimplify, non-exempt workers are found at lower and non-supervisory levels, such as hourly employees.)
Editor: As an 86-year-old veteran of both the Korean War and Vietnam War eras, I deeply resent witnessing burning of an American flag by an immature, unruly, pea-brained gaggle of American University students, which was shown on national television the day after the presidential election.
Editor: How dare Mary Moran [Letters, Nov. 17] insult the millions of Americans who voted for Donald Trump, and claim they couldn’t have thought it through.
Editor: I fear that those who still think this is all about Donald Trump are seriously not paying attention. He was the tool, but he is only a small part of the result.
- Letter: Make walkability a major component of Arlington redistricting
- Letter: Democrats need to support working-class Americans
- Arlington Sun Gazette Highs & Lows, 11/10/16 edition
- Letter: Eliminating Arlington board meeting on 1/1 makes sense
- Letter: Take a look at what Arlington Tech has to offer
- Letter: Westover, Arlington would benefit from historic district
- Arlington Sun Gazette editorial: Our picks for Nov. 8
- Arlington Sun Gazette editorial: Why mess with a tradition?
- Letter: Trump supporters hit with unacceptable tactics in Arlington, nationally
- Letter: Arlington School Board not listening to public on boundaries
- Editor: Slash Arlington taxes, get rid of those not supposed to be here
- Arlington Highs & Lows, 10/27/16 edition
- InsideNova/Sun Gazette endorsement: Comstock in the 10th District
- Letter: Right-to-work measure not worthy of inclusion in constitution
- Arlington Highs & Lows, 10/20/16 edition
- Letter: With less daylight, danger to pedestrians increases
- Letter: Arlington needs to redouble efforts to acquire parkland
- Letters: Find a way to keep affordability in Westover
- Letter: Supporters of refugees should move them to their neighborhoods
- Endorsement: Garvey for Arlington County Board