The Arlington Sun Gazette's editorial page view on the local scene.
Editor: Transportation officials across Arlington and Fairfax again put down salt and pre-treatment chemicals that weren’t needed, as there was no snow or ice on Jan. 14. (And the forecast only predicted a slight amount, anyway.)
Editor: Is it time to look at Metro with more pragmatic eyes and some basic common sense? Is the traditional approach of one single consolidated system really the best approach for the Washington metropolitan area?
State Sen. Chap Petersen (D-34th) has a bit of a maverick streak that occasionally can infuriate his colleagues, but we generally find bills he patrons worth discussing.
Editor: When I was a member of the Arlington County Board, I always worked well with my non-Democratic colleagues, yet I would never have voted for them to represent Arlington as chairman or vice chairman.
Editor: I am irate at the Arlington County Board’s failure to elect John Vihstadt as the board’s vice chairman. Skipping over Vihstadt because he isn’t a Democrat is unwise and unfair.
- Arlington Sun Gazette Highs & Lows, 1/5/17 edition
- Letter: Beyer deserves praise, not criticism, for stance on election
- Arlington Highs & Lows, 12/29/16 edition
- Arlington Sun Gazette Highs & Lows, 12/22/16 edition
- Letter: Changes to towing ordinance provide protections for public
- Letter: Why is Arlington County Board on the side of scofflaws?
- Letter: Arlington School Board should listen to complaints about redistricting
- Letter: Arlington School Board chair responds to criticism
- Letter: Why would Arlington officials trade away valuable land?
- Letter: American Cancer Society in need of volunteer drivers
- Arlington Sun Gazette Highs & Lows, 12/15/16 edition
- Letter: Is commitment to diversity in Arlington schools a sham?
- Letter: No decisions have been made on Arlington high-school seats
- Arlington Sun Gazette Highs & Lows, 12/8/16 edition
- Sun Gazette editorial: Do Va. Democrats have a diversity problem at the top?
- Letter: Arlington housing boosters rely on empty rhetoric
- Letter: Arlington County Board must step up to plate on school growth
- Letter: Assumptions far too rosy for gondola proposal
- Letter: Trump not responsible for political dysfunction
- Arlington Sun Gazette Highs & Lows, 12/1/16 edition