Reardon Lane I.jpg

Improperly discarded smoking materials started a Saturday afternoon fire in Dale City, the Prince William County fire marshal determined.

A firefighter was injured and a family of three displaced in a Saturday afternoon fire in Dale City.

Crews were called to the 5000 block of Reardon Lane about 3:55 p.m. and arrived to find the single-family home "well involved and heavy smoke conditions," Prince William County fire and rescue said in a news release. No one was home at the time.

The house sustained extensive damage and was declared unsafe to occupy by a county building official.

One firefighter was taken to the hospital with a non-life-threatening injury and three residents were displaced.

The Fire Marshal’s Office determined the cause of the fire to be improperly discarded smoking material, the release said.

Tags

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.