For sale: West Virginia retreat with 61 total bedrooms, nearly 500 acres
Originally commissioned as a summer estate by riverboat captain and oil pioneer Jacob J. Vandergrift, Aspen Manor in Welling, West Virginia includes a mansion with 39 bedrooms, a commercial kitchen and a chapel, as well as a “care home” with 22 bedrooms. The asking price is $3.2 million. Take a look.
- For sale: Private island on Maryland's Eastern Shore
- For sale: Mountain resort nearby in West Virginia
- For sale: Circa 1699 estate once home to George Washington's aunt
- For Sale: Ralphie's house from 'A Christmas Story'
- For sale: Charles Town estate complete with tower and chapel
- Cities with the fastest-growing home prices in Virginia
- Cities with the most expensive homes in Virginia
- For sale: Your very own mountaintop outside Warrenton
- PHOTOS: Stone house in Purcellville where time stands still
- For sale: Outer Banks beach cottage made famous by 'Nights in Rodanthe'
- For rent: Pirate ship on the Potomac River now an Airbnb
- For sale in Catlett: A resurrected 1927 church
- For sale near Leesburg: One of the nation's oldest homes on the market
- For sale: Historic mansion in Hagerstown for $200,000
- For sale: A Northern Virginia island with a long and storied history
- For sale: A pirate ship on the Potomac River
- Five homes with ocean and bay views in Virginia Beach
- For auction: A historic lighthouse in the Chesapeake Bay
- Relisted: Ryan Zimmerman's Great Falls mansion is back on the market
- For sale: A Loudoun County winery
- For sale: The cheapest condo in Northern Virginia
- For sale: The D.C. Narrow House
- For sale: A look inside the most expensive condo for sale in Virginia
- For sale: Rare Frank Lloyd Wright design in Virginia Beach
- For sale: Famed Upperville estate visited by George Washington
- Built in 1776: The North Wales estate in Warrenton
- For sale in Loudoun County: An old church to transform into a home
- PHOTOS: Virginia has a new most expensive home on the market
- PHOTOS: A teeny tiny house for sale in New Market
- For sale in Falmouth: A house with a homemade mountain and cave
- For Sale: Washington Capitals forward T.J. Oshie selling McLean estate
- For sale: Alexandria's Potts-Fitzhugh House, childhood home of Robert E. Lee
- A look inside the most expensive home for sale in Virginia
- For sale: A private island on Smith Mountain Lake
- PHOTOS: An 18th century gristmill and cottage for sale near Leesburg
- Five log homes for sale in Virginia
- Eight manufactured homes for sale in Northern Virginia
- PHOTOS: Old pumping station turned pied-a-terre for sale in Fredericksburg
- Top six most expensive condos for sale in Virginia
- Top six homes for sale on 5 or more acres in Stafford County
- The priciest, and cheapest, homes for sale in Fairfax County
- The priciest, and cheapest, homes for sale in Prince William County
- Six historic estates for sale in Northern Virginia
- PHOTOS: Dan Snyder's new $48 million Mount Vernon estate
- Top six homes for sale in Falls Church
- Top six tiny homes (and condos) for sale in Virginia
- Top six mountainside homes for sale in Snowshoe, West Virginia
- Top six most expensive homes in Virginia
- Top six seaside homes for sale in Ocean City, Maryland
- For sale: Cold-war era house in D.C. embraces 1960's design
- For sale: Historic tavern, complete with tiny museum, for under $575,000
- For sale: Historic mill and millhouse near Warrenton
- For sale: Two-time Super Bowl champ Chris Long's mountaintop retreat
- For sale: Dan Snyder's $49 million Potomac mansion
- For sale: Former Washington Nationals right fielder Juan Soto's Arlington home
- PHOTOS: Historic homestead on Maryland’s Eastern Shore in need of a savior
- For sale: Rustic retreat on the Shenandoah River
Post a comment as anonymous
Watch this discussion. Stop watching this discussion.
- Click to view the latest print and archive editions of our weekly Prince William County newspaper.
OPEN FOR BUSINESS
Real-time social media posts from local businesses and organizations across Northern Virginia, powered by Friends2Follow. To add your business to the stream, email firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the green button below.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.