Marine Corps Base Quantico operates 43 live-fire ranges that support training including small arms, explosive demolitions, artillery fire and the delivery of live-aerial munitions.
The base has issued noise advisories for training through June 30:
- June 21, 8 a.m. – June 22, midnight - Live Fire Demo 5 lbs & Below
- June 23, 9 a.m. – midnight - Live Fire Demo 10 lbs & Below
- June 24, 8 a.m. – June 25 2 a.m. - Live Fire Howitzer; .50 Cal & Below; Mortars; Bangalores; Demo 10 lbs & Below
- June 28, 2 p.m. – 9 p.m. - Live Fire 81MM Mortars
- June 29, 2 p.m. – 9 p.m. - Live Fire 81 MM Mortars
- June 30, 2 p.m. – 9 p.m. - Live Fire 81 MM Mortars; AT4 Prac/5.56/M67
The impact of noise, vibrations, and/or illuminations experienced across the area can vary greatly depending on the residential location, atmospheric conditions and reductions to naturally occurring sound barriers.
Because training aboard Quantico is continuous, residents can expect to always hear some noise or feel vibrations.
If you would like to comment on the impact of training, please visit https://quantico.usmc.afpims.mil/Info/Noise-Advisories/Noise-Comment/
For additional information, please visit Marine Corps Base Quantico’s official website at https://www.quantico.marines.mil https://www.quantico.marines.mil/Info/Noise-Advisories/