Two people were injured in an early-morning townhouse fire in Dumfries caused by faulty wiring on an artificial Christmas tree.

Fire crews were called to the 2800 block of Banks Court at 1:32 a.m. Tuesday and arrived to find the town house "well involved in fire," Prince William County fire and rescue said in a news release.

The residents woke to the smell of smoke and safely evacuated as the fire rapidly rapidly intensified. The two residents, both adults, suffered non-life threatening injuries and were treated at local medical facilities, fire officials said.

They are receiving temporary assistance from the American Red Cross.

The townhouse was declared a total loss. The Fire Marshal’s Office concluded the fire was accidental caused by the wiring on an artificial Christmas tree.

Tags

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.