Unrelated fires damaged a Manassas-area hotel and the city's Krispy Kreme Doughnuts overnight.
The first blaze, at Wyndham Garden Hotel on Vandor Lane, started in a laundry room about 12:55 a.m. Firefighters arrived to find smoke spreading through the building, Prince William County fire and rescue said in a news release.
A second alarm was initially requested due to the type of occupancy and smoke conditions. The fire was located and contained to the laundry room located in the hotel's basement.
The fire had been kept under control by the building's sprinkler system. Crews further controlled the scene and initiated smoke removal. The hotel was temporarily evacuated during the incident but occupants were allowed to return. Three occupants were evaluated on the scene but did not need to be hospitalized.
Fire damage was limited to the a dryer and was determined to be the cause of the fire as observed by the Fire Marshal's Office.
The second fire at Krispy Kreme Doughnuts on Liberia Avenue in Manassas erupted in the oven in the early morning hours.
By the time firefighters arrived, the fire had been put out. Crews assisted with ventilating the building. No injuries were reported, Manassas city fire and rescue said in a news release.
Hood systems and other commercial kitchen protective systems required by code are for this exact type of incident.
"The system did just as it was designed to do and prevented further damage and fire spread to the remainder of the building," the release said.
Krispy Kreme was closed Sunday morning and calls to the store went unanswered.