News of crime and punishment across Arlington this week:
* On Oct. 31 at 12:31 a.m. a witness observed an individual peeping through windows of a neighboring residence in the 400 block of North Edgewood Street, police said.
Arriving officers located a suspect matching the description given by the witness.
The suspect – 48-year-old Stephen Polestak of Arlington – was arrested and charged with peeping. He was held on a secure bond.
* On Oct. 26 at 11:40 p.m., police were called to a business in the 200 block of South Glebe Road for a report of a customer causing a disturbance.
According to police, the suspect was reported damaging displays, taking merchandise and attempting to steal contents from a drawer behind the sales counter.
During the investigation, it was determined that the vehicle being used by the suspect was reported stolen, police said.
The suspect – 23-year-old Saadiq Mohammad of the District of Columbia – was arrested and charged with grand larceny (motor vehicle), petty larceny and destruction of property.
* On Oct. 28 at 1:58 a.m., police were dispatched to the 900 block of North Wayne Street, and determined that, following a dispute that took place earlier in the evening, a suspect forced entry to a victim’s home and stole items of value, police said.
The suspect – 35-year-old Stephen Miller of Hatfield, Pa. – was arrested and charged with burglary and destruction of property.
* On Oct. 31 between 11 a.m. and 5:30 p.m., a home in the 1100 block of Army Navy Drive was burglarized. Cash and items of value were taken.
* On Oct. 26 at 10:09 a.m., police were dispatched to the 1700 block of Clarendon Boulevard when a woman woke up to find an unknown male asleep in her residence, police said.
The suspect – 29-year-old Andrew Leonard of Arlington – was arrested and charged with unlawful entry.
* On Oct. 30 at 10:41 a.m., police were dispatched to the 1900 block of North George Mason Drive for a report of a breaking-and-entering in progress.
According to police, a woman was inside her residence when she heard a knocking at the door. When the victim opened the door, the suspect began to push it open, police said.
The victim was able to use her strength to close the door, then contacted police.
The suspect – a 25-year-old Arlington man – was transported to Virginia Hospital Center for evaluation. Warrants for unlawful entry, drunk in public, public urination and possession of alcohol by an interdicted person were obtained.
* Sometime between Oct. 21 and Oct. 24, tires and rims were stolen from a vehicle in the 4300 block of Old Dominion Drive.