News of crime and punishment across Arlington this week:
* On Oct. 31 at 3:48 p.m., an individual was sitting at an outside table in the 1100 block of South Hayes Street when he was approached by three suspects, one of whom asked him a question and sat down.
The victim walked away but the suspects followed him and asked for his phone. The victim declined and placed the phone in his pocket when one suspect threatened him before taking his phone and fleeing.
The suspects are described as black males, 13 to 16 years old, 5’7” to 5’9”.
* On Oct. 31 at 4:13 p.m., an individual was walking in the 1200 block of North Veitch Street when a man pulled up beside her in a vehicle and asked for directions.
The victim ignored him and continued walking. The suspect pulled alongside the victim a second time and attempted to start a conversation, while also exposing himself, police said.
The suspect then fled. He is described as a Middle Eastern male wearing a dark-colored turban.
* On Oct. 31 at 10:17 p.m., a woman observed a man looking inside the window of her residence in the 4000 block of Washington Boulevard.
The suspect is described as a black male, in his 50s, 6 feet tall or taller.
* On Oct. 29 at 1:18 p.m., police were dispatched to the 600 block of 15th Street South for a report of a suspect tampering with vehicles.
Responding officers located the suspect. With the assistance of security guards from a nearby location, they placed the suspect – who was described as combative – under arrest.
Police said they located eight vehicles in the vicinity with damaged windows, and two with items of value stolen.
The suspect – 20-year-old Duane Woolfolk of the District of Columbia – was arrested and charged with grand larceny, petty larceny, possession of burglarious tools, possession of a Schedule II drug, destruction of property, failure to ID and obstruction of justice. He was held without bond.
* Sometime between Oct. 27 at 10:30 p.m. and Oct. 28 at 7:30 a.m., a home in the 4400 block of 19th Road North was burglarized. Items of value and cash were taken.
* On Oct. 31 between 2 and 8:30 p.m., a home in the 3500 block of 16th Street South was burglarized. Items of value were taken.