clubhouse fire.jpg

All photos courtesy of FCFRD

A large fire at a Centreville clubhouse caused $120,000 in damage Friday night.

Crews resonsed around 8:37 p.m. to the building in the 5400 block of Calamint Court after a passerby noticed the fire and called 911, according to Fairfax County fire and rescue officials.

Firefighters fought the fire from outside and eventually contained a small gas fire until the gas company could turn off an underground valve, a news release noted.

The fire reportedly originated within the trash can corral outside of the building and was rapidly propelled through the building due to high winds, fire officials said.

No one was in the clubhouse at the time of the fire and there were no reported firefighter or civilian injuries.

clubhousefire2.jpg
clubhousefire3.jpg

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.