- Age: 73
- Hometown: Boomet, Boomer, W.Va.
- Branch of Service: U.S. Army
- Highest rank achieved: E5 sergeant
- Years of service: 7
- Honors Received: Bronze Star, Purple Heart, Army Commendation Medal, Vietnam Gallantry Cross with Palm Unit, Airborne Badge, Combat Infantry Badge, Overseas Ribbon, Good Conduct Medal, National Defense
- Other details: Vietnam Service 11th ACR E-Troop 2nd Squad
- Why are you nominating him: Charles is a husband married for 50 years. He is a father to three children and grandfather to eight children. He is a quiet man who has never received the recognition he deserves. There are no words to explain the pride his family has for him. He returned home from his service from his time in Vietnam with no recognition. There was no ceremony. There was no homecoming. There was no "thank you." We nominate our father to let him know how very proud we are of him!
Submitted by Sue Davis, Woodbridge