- Age: 66
- Hometown: Russian Mission, Alaska
- Branch of Service: U.S. Air Force
- Highest rank achieved: Lieutenant colonel
- Years of service: 21
- Honors Received: Meritorious Service Medal, Air Force Commendation Medal, Air Force Overseas Ribbon, Air Force Marksmanship Ribbon
- Other details: Ruth Anderson is a 21-year Air Force Nurse Corps officer, leader and squadron commander. Her overseas assignments included service as commander of the 15th Medical Operations Squadron at Hickam AFB, Hawaii. She also deployed to overseas operational locations and is a graduate of the Air War College.
- Why are you nominating her: Ruth's life has been entirely devoted to public service in multiple civilian and military venues. After graduation from nursing school, she first served as a neonatal intensive care civilian nurse with plans to enter public health nursing. She instead pursued a 21-year military career as an Air Force medical leader and commander of operational military medical units. Today, she represents the Occoquan District on the PW Board of County Supervisors and chairs the Potomac-Rappahannock Transportation Commission (PRTC). She has led volunteer humanitarian missions on more than a dozen trips to Indonesia and other Asian countries. Her life is about public service.
Submitted by Rich Anderson, Woodbridge