Nine displaced after Dale City house fire
Nine displaced after Dale City house fire

A large fire has displaced nine residents of a Dale City home early Saturday morning.

Two of the residents were returning to the home in the 13000 block of Kelmont Court around 12:26 a.m. Saturday when they smelled smoke and discovered a fire in the rear of the house, according to the Prince William County Department of Fire and Rescue.

Firefighters arrived and found fire showing from the side and rear of the home. 

The home sustained extensive damage, but no injuries were reported. The Building Official determined the structure was unsafe to occupy.

Six adults and three children were displaced by the fire and were assisted by the American Red Cross.

The Fire Marshal’s Office determined the cause of the fire to be accidental.

(2) comments

Fredrick22

Bet it was that Aluminum wire. County needs to step in and rewire all those old Dale City homes.

MexicanossinFronterasrapist

or smoking in bed, someone playing with fire. Yeah, they definitely used cheap wiring back then.

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.