More Sports Headlines
Eliminate the coronavirus, and Cindy Walls likely would be coaching the Bishop O’Connell High School head girls cross country team for one last season this fall.
A neat and now long-standing sports tradition in Arlington is the annual First Responders Cup girls softball tournament, which honors those local first-responders involved with the Sept. 11 terror attack in 2001.
The latest and most significant victory so far this season for the undefeated Oakton Cougars (4-0) came the night of Sept. 17 in Arlington against a quality opponent in the Yorktown Patriots.
National Sports News
More Local Headlines
- Potomac School runs past Ireton
- McLean, Langley, Flint Hill fall in football
- Senior softball standings
- O'Connell wins in football
- A local BYU football connection
- Arlington football teams lose home games
- PHOTOS: Unity Reed-Freedom-Woodbridge football
- Gar-Field's defense comes up big against Patriot
- Impact win First Responders Cup tourney
- Marymount makes Hall of Fame selections
- Unity Reed 's Shawn Murphy, Amare Campbell and Shane Eller form the state's best linebacking corps
- Langley, McLean volleyball teams stand 5-1
- Colgan volleyball sweeps Forest Park
- Yorktown lacrosse players commit, honored
- Woodbridge resident Jeremy Garay invited to compete again with El Salvador's National Soccer Team
- Teams are now where they should remain
- Potomac School graduate publishes inspirational book
- Local briefs: Woodbridge announces 2021 Hall of Fame class
- First Responders Cup tournament held
- O'Connell football team falls to Curley
OPEN FOR BUSINESS
Real-time social media posts from local businesses and organizations across Northern Virginia, powered by Friends2Follow. To add your business to the stream, email email@example.com or click on the green button below.
Who to Contact
Prince William/StaffordDavid Fawcett, Sports editor
Arlington/FairfaxDavid Facinoli, Sports editor