The recent lack of rain has meant brown spots in some Loudoun County lawns, but the fields at Stone Bridge and Park View high schools stand out in a perfect kelly green.
More Sports Headlines
From a strategical standpoint, with the way they controlled the game’s slower tempo, the Oakton Cougars were the winners. On the scoreboard, however, the host and undefeated Madison Warhawks won the tightly-contested girls high-school basketball contest, 44-36.
Washington-Liberty High School recognized six new members of its Athletic Hall of Fame on Jan. 17 during a halftime ceremony at a boys varsity basketball game. The 1966 state championship boys basketball team received special recognition.
The Flint Hill Huskies won the Mid-Atlantic Athletic Conference boys swimming and diving high-school championships with 584.5 points, well ahead of second-place Georgetown Day (440) and third place Potomac School (411).
National Sports News
More Local Headlines
- Woodbridge’s Alex Urquhart looks forward to being a head football coach again
- Jan. 27 high school basketball roundup
- PHOTOS: McLean vs. Yorktown wrestling
- Swim and dive roundup
- That dilemma of sports junk
- 2019-20 high school girls basketball standings
- 2019-20 high school boys basketball standings
- Madison girls now 18-0
- Langley field hockey player honored
- Wakefield, O'Connell win in girls hoops
- Knights bounce back after 0-5 start
- Wakefield first; W-L, Yorktown tied for second
- Oakton extends win streak to five
- W-L hires girls softball coach
- Jan. 24 high school basketball roundup
- In program's fourth year, Colgan's boys basketball team turns the corner
- Jan. 23 high school basketball roundup
- Jan. 22 high school basketball roundup
- High school girls basketball scoring/3-point leaders
- Madison rallies past Centreville
Friends to Follow is a unique, real-time window into what's happening right now in Northern Virginia social media. To add your business: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who to Contact
Prince William/StaffordDavid Fawcett, Sports editor
Arlington/FairfaxDavid Facinoli, Sports editor